Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Conversation with a 5 yr. old

Luke (as we drive past a soccer field): "Hey, they are praxticing."
Me (vacantly): "Mmhmm"
Luke: "I'm not good at that."
Me (still vacantly): "Well, you just keep kicking it and kicking it and you get better."
Luke: "No, I mean saying it. Practicing. HEY! I said it! Practicing, practicing, practicing."
Me (not as vacantly): "You're practicing saying 'practicing'!"
Luke: "Haha!"
pause
Luke: "Practicing, practicing, practicing, praxticing... AH, MAN."
Me (vacant again): "Just keep practicing."

By the time we got home I didn't think I could say it anymore... I guess that's where all the vacancy comes from. If you pay attention all the time you'll go nuts.

3 comments:

  1. I have 4 year-old twins and get this completely! Too funny to hear it from the outside! Thanks for the chuckle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to my world 5 days a week. Good on him for practicing saying practicing. Have you ever noticed the more often you repeat a word the less it makes sense (or is that just me ?)

    ReplyDelete

Got something to say?